My Spicy Chex Mix (Double recipe is at the bottom)
1 stick butter
2 T Worcestershire Sauce
1 T Tobasco Sauce
1/2-3/4 T garlic salt (or to taste) **
1 t cayenne pepper (or to taste) **
6 c Rice Chex (1/2 12 oz box)
6 c Corn Chex (1/2 12 oz box)
1 c mixed nuts
1 c pretzels
1 c Cheerios *optional
1. Preheat oven to 250 with butter in a roasting pan in the oven.
2. Once butter is melted, add Worcestershire and Tobasco. Stir.
3. Sprinkle with garlic salt & cayenne pepper
4. Add remaining ingredients and mix well.
5. Bake one hour, turning every 15 minutes.
If you are doubling this recipe, it is easier to buy the 12 oz boxes:
2 sticks butter
4 T Worcestershire Sauce
2 T Tobasco Sauce
1-1/12 T garlic salt ( or to taste)
2 t cayenne (or to taste)
2 c mixed nuts
2 c pretzels
2 c Cheerios*
I like to melt the butter in a glass measuring cup with a spout. Then I add the sauces and seasonings, stir WELL, and drizzle over the top, stir, drizzle, stir, etc.... until the butter mixture is gone and the cereal, nuts, and pretzels are evenly coated.
In my opinion: There is no other Chex Mix. This is the best, but not for the weak. We like heat in our family and might even try 1 1/2 t cayenne next time.