Thursday, August 14, 2008

Butterscotch-Peanut Fondue

I simply love fondue. Right before we moved to Aggieland, a friend had her birthday party at Simply Fondue in Arlington. It was really a fun place to gather with friends. It's a neat change of pace at the dinner table. I'm not sure why I haven't made any fondue in a few years but I've been thinking about it alot lately and I think that since it's our turn to host the next supper club, it would be neat to have a fondue party, so I've dusted off the ol' fondue recipes. Now I'm on a mission to gather the other recipes I've collected but haven't tried.

Butterscotch-Peanut Fondue by Nestle
1/2 c milk
1 2/3 c Butterscotch morsels
jar marshmallow creme
1 c dry roasted peanuts
8 Granny Smith apples

1. Heat milk in small, heavy-duty saucepan over medium-high heat until just hot. Do not boil.
2. Reduce heat to low. Add morsels; stir until smooth.
3. Whisk in marshmallow creme until smooth. Remove from heat.
4. Pour butterscotch mixture into fondue pot or serving bowl. Place peanuts in a separate serving bowl. To serve, dip apple slices into warm sauce, then dip into peanuts.The leftover fondue would be great over ice cream.

No comments: