Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Grilled Tuscan Chicken Sandwich

1 point without bun. 
 hamburger buns are 4
Cibatta buns are 7
Sourdough buns are 6

Don't cover that grill yet. I want to share something a friend from church told me. When you grill chicken, grill extra and you can use it over the next week for salads, fajitas, pasta salad, and other meals that call for cooked chicken. What a timesaver!

My first best friend Lisa sent this one. I moved next door to Lisa when I was 2. Through the years I moved away and we lost touch but fate brought us back and I can't imagine life without her.

Grilled Tuscan Chicken Sandwich
cooking spray
4 1 lb boneless, skinless chk breast halves
3 Tbsp Mrs. Dash Tomato Basil Garlic Seasoning Blend
1 lg red pepper, thickly sliced
1/4 c sliced ripe olives
1 Tbsp olive oil
4 lg sourdough rolls
4 lg romaine lettuce leaves, cleaned, dried, torn in half widthways

1. Spray each breast and sprinkle with 2 T Mrs. Dash
2. Grill chk and peppers for 5 min. on preheated grill. Turn and grill another 5 min or until chk juices run clear when pierced.
3. Remove and cool slightly.
4. In a bowl, combine olives, oil, and remaining Mrs. Dash.
5. Cut rolls in half and spread olive mixture on each side of roll.
6. Layer lettuce leaf half, chk, red pepper, another leaf, and top of roll. Serves 4
Prep: 10 min Cook 10-15 min

No comments: