1 large cucumber, peeled, halved lengthwise, and seeded
1 8 oz container plain fat-free yogurt
1/2 sm garlic clove, minced
1/2 t salt
2 c shredded romaine lettuce
1 lg. tomato, ch
1/2 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
1 sm onion, thinly sliced
3/4 c crumbled reduced-fat feta cheese
1 T red-wine vinegar
2 t EVOO
4 6" whole-wheat pita breads with pockets
1.Preheat the oven to 350.
2. Cut the cucumber crosswise into 4 equal pieces. Shred 1 piece of the cucumber on a box grater, squeeze out excess liquid and transfer the shredded parts to a small bowl. Stir in the yogurt, garlic, and salt.
3. Chop the remaining cucumber and transfer to a large bowl. Add the lettuce, tomato, bell pepper, onion, cheese, vinegar, and oil;
4. Cut the top third off each pita bread and discard. Place the pita pockets on a baking sheet and bake until heated through, about 5 minutes.
5. Place 3/4 c of the salad mixture in each of 4 pita pockets. Drizzle each with 1 1/2 T of the yogurt mixture, then add 3/4 c more salad mixture. Drizzle the tops evenly with the remaining yogurt mixture.
Monday, July 20, 2015
6 oz Bread (whole wheat ciabatta or French) cut in 1 inch cubes
2 Large Tomatoes
1/3 Cucumber (English) chopped
1 small Red Onion (chopped)
3 Tbs Balsamic Vinegar
1 Tbs Olive Oil
1/4 Cup Basil (or mint)
1 Tbs Capers (drained)
1/2 tsp Salt
1/4 tsp Pepper
1/2 Lb Roast Beef (thinly sliced) cut in strips
1. Combine bread, tomatoes, cucumber, red onion, vinegar, oil, mint (or basil), capers, salt & pepper in large bowl. Toss well and let stand until the bard soaks up the juices (about 20 minutes).
2. Stir in roast beef and serve at once.
I love this salad! It is great anytime, but perfect for hot summer days when you don't want to cook.
Another recipe with similar ingredients is Greek Salad Pitas. Check it out under the "salad" or "Weight Watchers" label.
Sunday, May 17, 2015
I have not posted any new recipes in over a year because I started a home business. I hope to be back to posting recipes this fall, when my youngest child starts KG, to post all the new recipes I've tried in the last 2 years. Until then, please stop by my Facebook page to see what I am doing. Here are some of the Aggie cookies I have been making for Ring Day and graduation.
|Aggie Vet School graduation cookies|
|Aggie graduation cookies for Aubrei & Johnny|
|Aggie graduation cookies for Ginny|
|Aggie graduation cookies for Katie|
|Aggie graduation cookies for Katie & Steph|
|Aggie Graduation cookies for Amanda.|