Chicken Asiago by thatsmyhome.com
Fabulous dish...worth the effort
1 qt heavy cream (Not half & half)
1 T chicken base
1/2 lb Asiago cheese
1 T cornstarch dissolved in 1T water
1 lb bow tie pasta
6 slices bacon, diced
1 T olive oil
1/2 diced onion
1 t minced garlic
2 green onions, chopped
4 oz sliced mushrooms
1 lb chicken breast cut in 1" pieces
1. Add the cream to a large pot with chicken base and bring to a boil. Add the asiago and stir until melted. Add the cornstarch and water and keep stirring. Sauce may be made up to 48 hours in advance.
2. Boil pasta according to package directions to ala dente, drain.
3. While pasta is cooking, heat large skillet and add bacon. Cook until crisp and drain on a paper towel. Remove bacon fat from pan and add 1 T olive oil.
4. Add chicken to pan and saute quickly until brown. Add onion, garlic, scallion, & mushrooms to the pan and saute 4-5 minutes until onions are soft and transparent.
5. Add sauce to the pan and heat through. Toss with the cooked pasta and bacon bits. Garnish with chopped tomatoes and parmesan. Serves 8-10.