White Praline Truffles
7 oz white chocolate, chopped
2 T cream
2 T unsalted butter
1/3 c sugar
3 T water
1/4 c slivered almonds
1. Place white chocolate, cream, and butter in top of a double boiler and cook over simmering water, stirring until chocolate melts and mixture is well combined.
2. Place sugar in a saucepan with water & cook over medium heat, stirring completely until sugar dissolves. Bring to a boil& continue to cook , without stirring, until golden brown.
3. Place almonds on a greased cookie sheet and pour caramel over. Set aside to cool.
4. Place caramel in a food processor & process until finely chopped, but not powdered. Fold into chocolate.
5. Refrigerate until firm. Roll spoonfuls into small balls & roll in confectioners' sugar. Refrigerate until needed. Makes about 15 large or 20 small.
Note: Instead of rolling in powdered sugar, I dipped in white chocolate and drizzled with red & green. This makes a heavenly RICH truffle.