Saturday, February 21, 2009

White Christmas Fudge

White Christmas Fudge (my absolute favorite) by Domino Sugar
I wasn't sure about giving this recipe up but I don't think any of the people who buy my goodies actually read my blog so I think I'm safe.

2 1/2 c powdered sugar
2/3 c milk
1/4 c butter
12 oz white chocolate, chopped
1/2 t almond extract
3/4 c dried cherries, chopped
3/4 c toasted almond slices

1. Line an 8" square pan with foil; grease foil.
2. Mix powdered sugar and milk in a heavy 3 qt saucepan. Over medium heat, add butter and stirring constatnly, boil constantly for 5 minutes.
3. Over low heat, add chocolate and almond extract. Stir then whisk until chocolatemelts & mixture is smooth.
4. Stir in dried cherries & toasted almonds. Pour mixture into prepared pan.
5. Refrigerate 2 hours until firm. Invert pan. Peel off foil & cut into 1" squares. Makes 36.

Tip: To toast almonds, spread in a single layer on cookie sheet with rim. Bake 350 for 5-10 minutes, shaking pan occassionally until they begin to brown & turn fragrant. Makes about 2.2 lbs.

In my opinion: Yoweeee, sinful!

No comments: