Friday, May 8, 2009

Turkey Club Salad with Avocado Dressing

Turkey Club Salad with Avocado Dressing by Rachel Ray

12 slices bacon, crisp
3 hearts rommaine
2 c pea shoots or bean sprouts (I didn't have these)
3 slices plum tomatoes
1/2 chopped red onion
s & p
1 1/2 lbs sliced deli roast turkey breast
2 avocados
1 lemon zested and juiced
1 clove garlic
2 T red wine vinegar
1 t salt
1/3 c EVOO
2 t tabasco

1. Chop lettuce and arange on platter.
2. Next arrange #3-5 on top. Season with s&p.
3. Add bacon and turkey.
4. Put avocado in food processor. Add zest and juice.
5. Chop garlic and mix with 1 t salt to make paste.
6. Add paste and red wine vinegar to the food processor.
7. While processor is running, stream in EVOO and tobasco.
8. Taste and adjust.
9. Serve over salad.

In my opinion: I didn't make the dressing because I didn't have the food processor but this was a good salad with my favorite dressing.

No comments: