Classic Swiss Fondue by Simply Fondue Restaurant
1 clove garlic, halved
1 c dry white wine
1 t lemon juice
2 c grated Gruyere cheese
2 c grated Emmental cheese
2 t cornflour
2 T kirsch
pinch white pepper
pinch grated nutmeg
cubes of French bread
1. Rub inside of pot with cut clove of garlci.
2. Pour un wine and lemon juice and heat gently until bubbling.
3. Reduce heat to low and gradually stir in the grated cheeses with wooden spoon, continue to heat until cheese melts, stirring frequently.
4. In a small bowl, blend cornflour smoothly with Kirsch, then stir into cheese mixture.
5. Cook 2-3 minutes until mixture is smooth and thick, stirring frequently.
6. Do NOT allow to boil.
7. Season with pepper and nutmeg.
8 Serve with cubes of bread.