Vodka Cream Pasta by Rachael Ray
1 T EVOO
1 T butter
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 shallots, minced
1 c vodka
1 c chicken stock
1 32 oz can crushed tomatoes
coarse salt & pepper
16 oz pasta such as penne
1/2 c heavy cream
20 leaves fresh basil, torn
crusty bread for passing
1. Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add oil, butter, garlic, & shallots.
2. Gently saute for 3-5 minutes to develop their sweetness.
3. Add vodka to the pan. Reduce vodka by half, 2-3 minutes.
4. Add chicken stock and tomatoes. Bring sauce to a bubble & reduce heat to simmer. Season with s & p.
5. While sauce simmers, cook pasta in salted boiling water until cooked to al dente. Meanwhile, prepare salad or other side dishes.
6. Stir cream into sauce. WHen sauce returns to a bubble, remove it from heat. Drain pasta.
7. Toss hot pasta with sauce & basil leaves. 4 servings
In my opinion: This is a great dish and super easy to make.