Monday, April 6, 2009

Can't Miss Red Snapper

We have a very classy restaurant in town called, 'Christopher's World Grille' that has the most amazing menu. It's the kind of place you go to for VERY special occassions. Besides the menu, the atmosphere in the 100 year old Texas Ranch home is relaxing and romantic. I had a fish platter there called "Zihuatinejo Snapper" that had been recommended to me by many. I was hesitant since fish can taste...well..fishy. What I tasted was a melodic blend of flavors that I long to have again. Anyway, after trying the Snapper, I found the following recipe and decided to give it a try. Nothing will ever compare to the cuisine of the world chef but this is as close as I think I can come. By the way, my husband won a gift card to Christopher's and we get to go next Wednesday when my parents are in town. We haven't been since our 1st anniversary Dec. 6, 2004. http://www.christophersworldgrille.com/

Can't Miss Red Snapper by Paula Deen
4 8 oz snapper fillets
1 t salt
1/2 t pepper
1 c chopped onions
1/2 c butter
1 T Worcestershire sauce
1 c fresh parmesan
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Season fish with salt & pepper. Spread onions in 9 x 13" glass baking dish. Place fish on top.
3. Dot fish with butter. Sprinkle with Worcestershire.
4. Bake 12 minutes. Baste with pan juices. Sprinkle with cheese & place under broiler for 2 minutes until cheese browns.
5. To serve, spoon vegetables over the fish.

No comments: