Cheesy Creamy Pasta Casserole by meals.com
16 oz any tube pasta
1/2 stick butter
1/4 c flour
1 t salt
1/2 t freshly ground black pepper
12 oz evaporated milk
1/2 c water
14 3/4 oz cream style corn
4 oz jar sliced pimentos, drained
1 poblano pepper, roasted, peeled, chopped
4 oz shredded cheddar
4 oz shredded Monterey (or Pepper) Jack cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350. Grease 11 1/2 x 8 1/2 dish. I am thinking this could be put into 2 smaller dishes and you could freeze one for later. I'll try that next time.
2. Cook pasta according to directions on package. Drain
3.Melt butter in small saucepan over medium heat. Stir in flour, salt & pepper until smooth. Gradually stir in milk & water. Cook, stirring constantly until mixture comes to just a boil & thickens. Remove from heat & set aside.
4. Spread 1/3 of white sauce on bottom of dish. Spread half pasta, 1/3 sauce, half corn, half pimentos, & half poblano. Sprinkle with cheddar. Repeat with remaining pasta, sauce, corn, pimentos, and poblano.
5. Top with Jack cheese. Cover with foil.
6. Bake 20 minutes. Remove foil, bake an additional 5 minutes.
In my opinion: This is one of my husband's favorites, definitely a delicious dish.