Wednesday, March 4, 2009
Grandgirl's Fresh Apple Cake
Grandgirl's Fresh Apple Cake from Georgia by Paula Deen (easy, few dishes)
butter for pans
2 c sugar
1 1/2 c veg oil
1/4 c orange juice
3 c flour
1 t baking soda
1/4 t salt
1 T ground cinnamon
1 T vanilla extract
3 c peeled & chopped apples
1 c shredded coconut
1 c chopped pecans
1 stick butter
1 c sugar
1/2 c buttermilk (what do you do with the rest?)
1/2 t baking soda
1. Prehet oven to 325. Generously butter tube/bundt pan.
2. In mixing bowl, combine sugar through extract & mix well. Fold next 3 ingredients in well.
3. Pour into prepared pan. Bake until toothpick..... 1 1/2 hours.
4. Shortly before cake is done:
melt butter in large saucepan. Stir in sugar, buttermilk, & baking soda and bring to a good rolling boil, stirring constantly.
5. Boil 1 minute & pour over hot cake in pan as soon as it comes out of oven.
6. Let stand 1 hour, turn onto rack to cool completely.