Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Sally's Crab Corn Soup


Sally's Crab Corn Soup (Crock Pot) from Paula's Magazine

1/2 c butter
4 c half and half (The store was out so I used 3 c whipping cream and 1 c milk)
1 c minced green onion
10 3/4 oz can cream of celery (We don't like celery but tried it in this recipe)
10 3/4 zo can cream of shrimp (never knew there was such a thing)
20 oz pkg frozen corn, thawed (oops, I forgot to thaw but it turned out okay)
1 1/2 t Old Bay Seasoning (Didn't have any)
1 lb fresh crabmeat (used imitation)
garnish: green onion

1. In a 5 or 6 qt slow cooker, melt butter on high (This takes too long. Just pop it in the microwave). Add half and half, green onions, soups, corn, seasoning, and crabmeat; stir well.
2. Cover and cook on high for 30 minutes; reduce heat to low; cook for 2 hours, stirring every 30 minutes. Garnish with green onion if desired.

In my opinion: This was even better than I expected. I couldn't wait to eat the leftovers. It reheats just fine in the microwave and I added a hint of salt for added flavor. It would be fun to serve in a bread bowl.

No comments: