Chicken Divan by Better Homes and Gardens
2 c frozen chopped broccoli (we leave this out)
3 T butter
3 T all purpose flour
1/8 t pepper
dash ground nutmeg
3/4 c light cream or milk
1/2 c chicken broth
1/2 c shredded swiss cheese
2 T dry white wine
1 1/2 c cubed cooked chicken or turkey
3 T grated Parmesan cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Cook broccoli according to package directions; drain. Arrange in 10x6x2" baking dish.
3. For sauce: in medium saucepan, melt butter. Stir in flour through nutmeg. Add cream and broth all at once. Cook & stir til thickened and bubbly.
4. Add swiss cheese and wine, stirring until cheese melts.
5. Pour half of sauce over broccoli. Top with chicken, then remaining sauce. Sprinkle with Parmesan and paprika.
6. Bake about 20 minutes or til heated through.
In my opinion: this was good, easy to make, and required few dishes...always a plus for me!