Strawberry Ooey Gooey Butter Cake by Paula Deen
1 pkg strawberry cake mix
1/2 c butter, softened
4 lg eggs, divided
8 oz cream cheese, softened
16 oz powdered sugar
3/4 c chopped fresh strawberries
garnish-sweetened whipped cream/strawberries
1. Preheat oven to 350. Lightly grease 13x9" dish.
2. In a large bowl, combine cake mix, butter, and 1 egg. Press mixture into bottom of prepared dish.
3. In a separate large bowl, beat cream cheese and 3 eggs at medium speed until smooth.
4. Gradually beat in powdered sugar until combined. Stir in strawberries. Spoon mixture over cake mixture; bake 35-40 minutes or until center is set.
5. Cool completely; cut into squares to serve.
Garnish with sweetened whipped cream and strawberries if desired.
In my opinion: Oh my goodness! Oh my goodness! Scrumptious, fabulous, amazing! You must try this recipe. I've seen recipes for other flavors of Ooey Gooey cakes and now I think I have to try them all.