Sunday, September 27, 2009

Crock Pot Rio Grande Spaghetti (by What A Crock blog)

1 1/2 lbs ground beef
15 oz can tomato sauce
16 oz can Mexican Style Diced Tomatoes (Ro-Tel)
1 T beef granules (I didn't have these)
2 1/2 t chili powder
1/2 t ground cumin
7 oz pkg spaghetti, uncooked
shredded Pepper Jack or Mexican blend cheese for serving.

1. In a skillet, brown beef; drain well and transfer to Crock Pot. Note-I always buy ground beef 5-10 lbs at a time and pre-cook and freeze.
2. Add tomato sauce, tomatoes, beef granules, chili powder, and cumin; mix well.
3. Cover and cook on low 4-5 hours. Prepare spaghetti according to pkg directions. When done, drain and stir into beef mixture in Crock Pot. Allow to slow cook for 15 minutes to half an hour.
When ready to serve, garnish with shredded cheese of choice.

In my opinon: This was good but with the name "Rio Grande" I expected more of a surprising flavor. It was pretty much like regular spaghetti to me.

No comments: