I found some yummy recipes for Buffalo Chicken Pizza and Buffalo Chicken Penne Pasta and I figured why not make a pizza ring too? So here is what I came up with.
1 lb chicken, cooked and cubed or shredded
Louisiana hot sauce, to taste
8 oz cream cheese, softened
8 oz shredded mozzarella cheese
1 pkg crescent rolls
bleu cheese for dipping
1. Mix the chicken, hot sauce, cream cheese, and mozzarella cheese in a bowl or you can choose to layer them on the crescent rolls after step 2.
2. Using a round pizza pan (I use the Pampered Chef stone) unroll the crescent rolls and arrange each one about 3-4" from the edge of the pan. Continue around the pan, overlapping each piece a little. When you are finished, it should look like a sun with the crescent rolls as the sunbeams.
3. Spoon your filling evenly around the ring of crescent rolls that are on the pan.
4. Pull up each tip of dough and wrap it over the filling. You can stretch the dough a little to cover more of the filling but it need not be completely covered.
5. Continue until all tips are folded over.
6. Bake according to crescent roll directions until the crescents are golden brown.
Serve with bleu cheese or your favorite dip.