Creamy Pumpkin Soup by Land O Lakes
1/4 c butter
1 small onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
2 t firmly packed brown sugar
14 1/2 oz can chicken broth
1/2 c water
1/2 t salt
1/4 t pepper
15 oz can pure pumpkin
12 oz evaporated milk
1/8 t ground cinnamon
1. Melt butter in 3 qt saucepan until sizzling. Add onion, garlic, and sugar; cook over medium heat until onion is softened (1-2 minutes).
2. Add broth through pepper; bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to low; cook, stirring occasionally for 15 minutes.
3. Stir in pumpkin through cinnamon. Cook, stirring occasionally for 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
4. Transfer mixture to food processor bowl fitted with metal blade or 5 cup belnder (in batches if necessary). NOTE: I did not have a food processor so I skipped this step.
5. Cover; process until smooth. Return mixture to saucepan. Serve warm.
In my opinion: I really liked this soup. I found it a little bland at first but I added salt and nutmeg and it turned out great.