BBQ Beef & Corn Shepherd's Pie by Betty Crocker
1 lb. ground beef (I always keep some pre-cooked in the freezer to save time)
8 medium green onions, sliced
1 c BBQ sauce
11 oz Mexicorn with red & green peppers, dr
4 oz chopped green chiles
1/2 box (7 oz size) Cheddar and bacon mashed potatoes
1 1/2 c water
1/3 c milk
2 T butter
1/2 c shredded Cheddar
corn chips (Fritos)
1. Cook ground beef and 1/4 c of onions in 10" nonstick skillet over medium-high; drain.
2. Stir in BBQ sauce, 3/4 c of the corn, and the chiles. Heat to boiling, reduce to low.
3. Cook potatoes as directed for 4 servings. Use 1 pouch potatoes nd seasoning, water, milk, and butter.
4. Stir in remaining onions and corn; let stand 5 minutes.
5. Spoon potatoes onto center of beef mixture, leaving 2 1/2"-3" rim around edge; sprinkle cheese all over. Cover; let stand 5 minutes til cheese is melted. Sprinkle corn chips around edge.
4 large servings
In my opinion: This had a very unique flavor but was good, easy, and required few dishes.