Saturday, September 20, 2008

Meatloaf Muffins with BBQ Sauce by Rachel Ray

1 2/3-1 3/4 lb ground sirloin (I have used grnd. beef)
1 medium onion, chopped
1 green bell pepper, chopped
1 lg egg plus splash milk, beaten
1 c plain bread crumbs
2 T grill seasoning
1 c BBQ sauce
1/2 c salsa
1 T worcestershire
EVOO


1. Preheat oven to 450. Put ground beef in bowl. Add pepper and onion to meat.
2. Add egg beaten with milk, crumbs, and seasoning.
3. In separate bowl mix together BBQ sauce, salsa, and worcestershire.
4. Pour half into meat.
5. Mix together with hands. You can stop and freeze half if desired.
6. Brush a 12 muffin tin with EVOO or vegetable oil. Use an ice cream scoop to fill meat into each tin.
7. Top each with sauce.
8. Bake about 20 minutes. Cut 1 open to test center.
I have made this in an 8x8 pan, it took about 30 minutes.



In my opinion: I hadn't eaten meatloaf since I was a child and I thought I was taking a risk by making this but it was delicious! My in-laws were in town and they loved it too. It is so moist. I serve this with Rachel Ray's Smashed Potatoes.

No comments: