Saturday, July 27, 2013

Southwestern Chopped Salad with Creamy Cilantro-Lime Dressing

 
I found this on Pinterest, a very PUBLIC place to share everything, but was recently warned by blogger because I used someone else's work. If the original author could have been traced, I would have given credit to the author, as I ALWAYS do, linking back to the original post.
If the original author would have contacted me in the first place, this could have been handled differently. It was reported and blogger took this post down.

Hopefully I have now complied with the rules-good grief!



Large head of romaine
15 oz. can black beans, rinsed and drained
1 large orange bell pepper
1 pint cherry tomatoes
2 cups corn (I used frozen, thawed)
5 green onions
Creamy Cilantro-Lime Dressing* or other dressing of choice

Finely chop romaine, bell pepper, tomatoes, and green onions.
Place all ingredients in a large bowl and mix to combine.
Toss with desired dressing.
*Creamy Cilantro-Lime Dressing
1 cup loosely packed cilantro, stems removed and roughly chopped
1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
2 Tbsp. fresh lime juice (about 1/2 lime)
1-2 garlic cloves
1/4 cup olive oil
1 1/2 tsp. white vinegar
1/8 tsp. salt
Directions
Puree all ingredients in a blender or food processor until smooth.Taste and adjust seasonings if necessary.

Oh yes, another good salad. Perfect summer meal!

No comments: