from the book: The Ultimate Book of Kid Concoctions
1 cup water
1 cup white glue (Elmers works best)
1. Mix all the ingredients for solution A into a bowl and stir well.
1 1/3 cup warm water
4 teaspoons Borax
2. In a separate bowl, mix ingredients for solution b until Borax has completely dissolved.
3. Slowly pour solution A into solution B. DO NOT MIX!
5. 4. Sort of roll the combined with your hands until a solidified, loose, jelly like dough has formed. Lift the jelly like dough and place on the counter leaving the liquid in the bowl. Knead on the counter. Gunk will be very loose at first but will firm up.
6. Store in a sealed container.
Tip: Use red liquid tempera paint/food coloring to create lava gunk, green to create slimy gunbk, or black to create tar gunk.