Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Trends.....

Do you find that when you are planning your menus, there is a trend? For example, I am currently going back to my Slow Cooker and even though I have 24 recipes on this site that I like, I am looking for more!

Maybe it's because I have not been in the mood to cook lately. Another trend I suppose. I am 23 weeks pregnant and without my husband home evenings, it makes me too tired to cook and clean-up while balancing the needs of my 5 year old, almost 4 year old, and 2 year old. Plus, there is Girl Scout night and dance night. Seriously, who has time to cook? Then you add in the factor that I am going to be nursing a newborn in less than 17 weeks....sheesh...I have to use the SC or else my kids will become fast-food junkies when this baby comes.

Have you ever been to the blog: A Year of Slow-Cooking? The author started the blog based on her New Year's resolution to use her SC every day for a year. She got on Rachel Ray....got a book deal...and has been on Good Morning America....all because of her blog!

I love her recipes. She has more than just main dishes. She has tons of dips, drinks, desserts, and even kids' activities for the S.C. With the Super Bowl coming up, I find myself copying her dip recipes. So AFTER you check out my "Crock Pot" recipes....go check out her site.

Also....someone left a comment on my blog that they have a healthy slow-cooker blog so I am checking that out and I'll let you know what I find. If you have a favorite SC recipe, please share with me!

No comments: