Tuesday, October 30, 2012

King Ranch Chicken

This recipe is pretty easy. I make it even easier because from time-to-time I pre-cook and chop tons of chicken and freeze it by the pound. It definitely cuts about 15 minutes off my prep time. I wonder if this would be good made ahead and frozen.

4 chicken breasts, cooked & chopped
1 medium onion, chopped
10-12 6" corn tortillas, quartered
2 c shredded cheddar

sauce:
1 can cream mushroom soup
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 can Ro-Tel tomatoes
1 cup chicken broth
*mix all ingredients in a bowl

1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Add chicken and onions to the sauce
3. Layer 3 times:  tortillas, sauce, cheese.
4. Bake 35-40 minutes.

In my opinion: Many years ago, a co-worker brought this to work. I asked him for the recipe and so this is what he gave me off the top of his head. It has become one of my favorite recipes.

No comments: