Sunday, February 23, 2014

Freezer to Crock Pot Sweet Barbecue Chicken

Today I gathered several recipes that are safe for freezing and then throwing in the Crock Pot on a busy day.  They came from this blog: Who Needs A Cape. I  my fabulous husband, Stephen, spent 2 1/2 hours at the store buying all the ingredients necessary. What I loved about this process was how few dishes I messed up getting 13 meals prepped and ready to go.

Before beginning, clear out some freezer space, gather all your gallon sized freezer bags (HEB bags leaked, sorry friends), and label what is going in. Get your measuring spoons and measuring cups plus your spices and you're pretty much ready to go.

For more Freezer to Crock Pot recipes, just follow the label in the column on the right.

Crock Pot Sweet Barbecue Chicken
4-6 Chicken Breasts
12 oz bottle of BBQ Sauce
1/2 Cup Brown Sugar (I like mine really sweet, so I’ll usually do a little bit more then this)
1/4 Cup Vinegar
1/8 teaspoon of Cayenne Pepper
1 tsp Garlic Powder

Once the chicken is cleaned, I like to rub it with the Cayenne Pepper.  But, if you’re in a hurry you can just add the Chicken to a Freezer Gallon Ziplock Bag and then add the rest of the ingredients. 

Once bag is closed, use your hands to mash all the ingredients together!

To cook: Take the Freezer Meal out of the Freezer and hour before starting OR run it under some room temperature water for about 30 seconds.  Dump meal in the a Crockpot and cook on Low for 4-6 hours!

No comments: