Sunday, February 23, 2014

Freezer to Crock Pot French Chicken

Today I gathered several recipes that are safe for freezing and then throwing in the Crock Pot on a busy day.  They came from this blog: Who Needs A Cape. I  my fabulous husband, Stephen, spent 2 1/2 hours at the store buying all the ingredients necessary. What I loved about this process was how few dishes I messed up getting 13 meals prepped and ready to go.

Before beginning, clear out some freezer space, gather all your gallon sized freezer bags (HEB bags leaked, sorry friends), and label what is going in. Get your measuring spoons and measuring cups plus your spices and you're pretty much ready to go.

For more Freezer to Crock Pot recipes, just follow the label in the column on the right.

Crock Pot French Chicken 
(note by Stephanie, if you buy 2 cans of cranberry sauce, you can actually make 2 meals)

4-6 Chicken Breasts (I use the Costco Pouches and generally 3 to 4 breasts is PLENTY for my family of 4)
1 can of Cranberry Sauce (I like Whole Berry best for this recipe)
8 oz of French Dressing (which is half a bottle)
1 packet of Lipton Onion Soup Mix

Mix Chicken, Cranberry Sauce, French Dressing and Lipton Onion Soup Mix in a Gallon Freezer Ziplock Bag.  After closing, take your hands and smash all the ingredients to combine.
To cook: Take the Freezer Meal out of the Freezer and hour before starting or run it under some room temperature water for about 30 seconds.  Dump meal in the a Crockpot and cook on Low for 4-6 hours!

No comments: