This tastes even better than it sounds! If you love pasta, you must try this. Another great recipe found on Pinterest.
1/4 cup Cream or Heavy Cream (Whipping Cream)
1/3 cup Parmesan
Fresh diced Parsley or dried flakes
1/4 tsp. Salt
1/2 tsp Red Pepper flakes
*(I doubled the Sauce recipe, and it was perfect)
1/2 lb. bacon (8 slices)
1 small onion, chopped (opt)
3 mushrooms sliced (opt)
1/2 lb. Pasta (I used linguine)
1. Beat the eggs, cream, Parmesan, parsley, salt and the red pepper together in a bowl. I just used a fork.
2. Fry the bacon until crisp, then crumble and set aside.
3. With 1 -2 Tbsp. bacon grease, saute the onion and the mushrooms until the onions are translucent and golden.
4. Drain the pasta and while still warm, add to the onions and mushrooms. Pour cream mixture into the pasta, and stir over low heat for one to two minutes. (**I doubled the sauce recipe and I saved a bit of the pasta water, just in case my sauce got thicker than I liked – simply add a bit if you need it) Don’t do this on high heat, or you will make scrambled eggs.
5. Serve with additional Parmesan, and a loaf of Crusty French bread and a salad.