Tuesday, March 19, 2013
Buffalo Chicken Lasagna Crock Pot
This lasagna was pretty good, nothing spectacular. I originally found the recipe on Pinterest. I googled this recipe so I could just cut and paste it here, and I found another version that got great reviews. Here is Stephanie O'Dea's recipe, you've probably heard of her, she is the blogger A Year of Slow Cooking.
-3 boneless chicken breasts (cooked and chopped – I chopped my very fine)
- 1 Cup Frank’s Red Hot Buffalo Sauce
- 828ml of pasta sauce
- Uncooked lasagna noodles
- Tub of Ricotta Cheese
- 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup of water
- add in 2 sweet bell peppers (not a fan of those in our house so we skipped it)
- We used more cheese than we required to
- In a bowl combine the chicken, buffalo sauce & pasta sauce – this will be called the sauce from here on
- Spray your 5 qt slow cooker with non stick spray
- Ladle a large spoonful of your sauce to cover the bottom of the crock pot
- Add a layer of noodles – you will need to break them up. We like lots of noodles so we doubled up on this step
- Spread a layer of ricotta cheese across the noodles
- Add bell peppers
- Top with cheese
- Repeat the layers until you run out of ingredients.
- On the final layer top with sauce and cheese
- Pour 1/4 cup of water over your lasagna
- Cook on low for 4 to 5 hours or on high for 2.5 to 3 hours.