This is another dish my friends made to fill my freezer when I was going through some tough times at home. It is fabulous!
1 lb. chicken, cooked and shredded
2 c chicken stock
1 3/4 c uncooked rice
3 1/2 c water
2 10 oz pkgs. frozen chopped broccoli
3/4 c onions, chopped
3/4 c green pepper, chopped
1 c. celery, chopped
4 T margarine
8 oz Velveeta
1 can cream chicken soup
1 can cream mushroom soup
1 3oz can chopped mushrooms, opt.
1. Cook chicken, rice, and broccoli as directed on packages.
2. Saute onions, bell peppers, and celery in margarine.
3. Drain broccoil and combine with chicken, cheese, sauteed vegetables, undiluted soups, and mushrooms.
4. Fold in cooked rice and turn into a 4 qt casserole dish (or 3-4 small freezer dishes and cover with foil label foil with baking instructions).
5. Bake in a 350 oven for 30 minutes.