White Chocolate Pistachio Cookies from Paula Deen's magazine
1 c butter, soft
1 1/2 c firmly packed brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 t vanilla extract
1/2 t orange extract
3 c all purpose flour
1 t baking soda
1/2 t baking powder
1/2 t salt
12 oz bag white chocolate morsels
1 c quick cook oats
1 c chopped pistachios
1. Preheat oven to 350. Line baking sheets with parchment paper. (I used my Pampered Chef stones).
2. In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar at medium speed with electric mixer until fluffy.
3. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla and orange extracts.
4. In medium bowl, combine flour through salt; gradually add to butter mixture, beating until combined. Beat in morsels, oats, and pistachios.
5. Drop by heaping tablespoonfuls onto prepared baking sheets. Bake 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Let cool on pans for 2 minutes. Remove from pans and cool on wire racks. Store in airtight containers.
In my opinion: These were delicious cookies! I didn't have orange extract either. These cookies do not change shape when baking so I smashed the 2nd batch down. They will be easier to store if they are flat. This recipe made about 38 large cookies.