Monday, December 22, 2008
Caramel Crunch Bars
Caramel Crunch Bars by Kraft
4 1/2 Graham Crackers
11 oz pkg caramel bits
2 T milk
1/2 c peanuts
1/2 c miniature marshmallows
1/2 c coarsely crushed pretzels
4 squares semi-sweet baking chocolate, melted
1. Line an 8" squarepan with foil, with ends of foil extending over sides of pan. Spray with cooking spray.
2. Place grahams on bottom of pan, cutting to fit if necessary.
3. Microwave caramel and milk on high 2 minutes or until caramel is completely melted and mixture is well blended, stirring every 30 seconds.
4. Pour over grahams; top with peanuts, marshmallows and pretzels. Drizzle with chocolate.
5. refrigerate at least one hour. Use foil handles to remove dessert from pan before cutting into bars to serve.
In my opinion: These were good the first day but got chewy and messy after that.
Tomorrow's recipe: My FAVORITE pumpkin fudge. I can't believe I am giving his recipe away.