Saturday, February 9, 2013

Crispy Chicken Wraps

These "wraps" were wonderful! Everyone loved them (except Caleb-he only likes PB&J). I didn't roll them up as wraps, I put the filling on one side of a taco sized tortilla, sprinkled cheese before and after, and folded the other side over, like mini quesadillas. I was so busy talking about how good they are that I forgot to mention how easy they are to make and with few dishes.


 1/3 cup mayonnaise, light or regular
 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
 3 scallions, sliced very thin
 2 celery ribs, chopped fine (I omitted these due to my husband’s non-celery preference)
 2 tablespoons sour cream, light or regular
 2 teaspoons hot sauce (this does not make them spicy but adds great flavor!I used Franks' Buffalo sauce)
 1 rotisserie chicken, skin discarded, meat shredded into bite-sized pieces (about 3 cups)..I used cooked chk breasts.
 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (the sharper the better, in my book)
 4 (12-inch) flour tortillas (I used the smaller ones)

DIRECTIONS:
Whisk the mayonnaise, cilantro, scallions, celery, sour cream and hot sauce in a large bowl. Add chicken and toss to combine. Sprinkle cheese over tortillas, leaving 1/2-inch border around edges, then arrange chicken mixture down the center of each tortilla. Roll stuffed tortillas, leaving edges open. Spray the tortillas all over with cooking spray. Heat a large non-stick skillet (or griddle) over medium heat for 1 minute. Arrange 2 wraps, seam-side down, in pan and cook until golden brown and crisp, about 2-3 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate and repeat with remaining wraps. Serve with chips and your favorite dip like pico, salsa, or guacamole.

No comments: