Sunday, June 24, 2012

Paula Deen's Cream Biscuits

The first time I have ever made biscuits!

2 cups self-rising flour, plus more for dusting
1 tablespoon sugar
1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
Directions

1. Preheat oven to 500 degrees F.
2. In a medium bowl, stir together the flour, sugar, and cream until the dough forms a ball. Turn the dough out onto a surface dusted with additional flour. Fold the dough in 1/2 and knead 5 to 7 times, adding just enough flour to keep dough from sticking to your hands. Gently roll out dough to 1/2-inch thickness.
3. Using a 3-inch biscuit cutter coated with flour, cut dough into biscuits. Place on baking sheet coated with cooking spray, leaving at least 1-inch between each biscuit.
4. Bake for 10 minutes, or until golden brown.

In my opinion: These were so very simple to make, I just can't believe I hadn't tried to make biscuits sooner.

Served with mashed potatoes, my fried chicken, and sweet corn.

No comments: