Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Bacon Chicken Ranch Pizza


recipe from onecrazycookie.blogspot.com found on Pinterest

1 recipe pizza dough (I used a can of Pillsbury)
2 cups cooked chicken breast, diced
7-8 slices cooked bacon, broken into pieces
1/4 cup onions, diced
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
Pizza Sauce
1/2 cup ranch dressing (I used Ranch and sour cream dip)
1 Tablespoons butter
1 cup heavy cream
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese

1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. Roll out pizza dough into a cookie sheet. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven.
 Meanwhile prepare sauce:
Melt butter in a sauce pan. Add the heavy cream and bring to a boil. Cook until volume is reduced by half, about 5 minutes. Stir in salt and pepper. Remove from heat and stir in the Parmesan cheese.
*Optional: Add 1 tablespoon minced garlic to the butter and saute for a minute.
3. Spread sauce over the pizza.
4. Sprinkle half of the mozzarella cheese over the sauce then add chicken, bacon and onions.
5. Drizzle the ranch on top.  Sprinkle with the remaining mozzarella cheese and bake for 15- 20 minutes or until crust appears done.

I started the recipe before realizing I had no Ranch salad dressing, but I did have Ranch dip so I spread this on the crust. Then I sprinkled some mozzarella and added the chicken, bacon, and onions. I drizzled the sauce over and topped with the rest of the mozzarella.

In my opinion: This was a delicious pizza. You could add fresh mushrooms or even artichokes. Yum yum!!

No comments: