Saturday, July 31, 2010

Golden Amaretto Cake from Spirit of Christmas cookbook

1 yellow cake mix
4 eggs
3/4 c amaretto
6 oz instant vanilla pudding mix
1/2 c vegetable oil
1/2 c water
1/4 t almond extract
6 T amaretto
1 c confectioners sugar, sifted

1. Preheat oven to 350. Combine first 7 ingredients in mixing bowl and blend well.
2. Pour into 2 greased and lightly floured 6 cup gelatin molds (I used 2 cake pans).
3. Bake 40-45 minutes until done.
4. Combine 6 T amaretto and confectioners sugar. While cakes are still warm in molds, poke holes in cakes; pour liqueur over. Allow to cool in molds 2 hours.

In my opinion: This was pretty good. I think I am more of a frosting girl so I would describe this as more of a coffee cake. Next time I'll make an amaretto buttercream frosting. My neighbor really liked it.

No comments: