Thursday, June 17, 2010

Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff by Paula Deen



2 lbs. beef tips (aka stew meat)
1 large yellow onion, chopped
1 can golden mushroom soup
1 can cream of onion soup
1 (8oz) can sliced mushrooms, drained ** I use pre-sliced fresh mushrooms instead
1 tsp. pepper
1 (8oz) cream cheese
1 (8oz) carton sour cream
1 (16oz) package of egg noodles, cooked and hot

In a slow cooker combine beef tips, onion, onion soup, mushroom soup, mushrooms, and pepper. Cover and cook on high for 8 hours (it only took me 6 hours when I prepared this). When done cooking, stir in cream cheese and sour cream and mix until combined. Serve over hot cooked noodles.

In my opinion: This was fabulous! I even loved the leftovers and I am not one for leftovers. I'm putting this at the top of my slow cooker favorites.

No comments: