Saturday, August 3, 2013
Breakfast Tater Tot Casserole
1 pound ground pork breakfast sausage (or cubed ham or bacon, whatever you like best)
2-4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
2 cups milk
2 pounds frozen tater tots
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. Spread the sausage, bacon, or ham evenly in the bottom of a 9x13 inch pan. Spread cheese over meat. I use 4 cups of cheese, but you can use less if you prefer to reduce the calories.
3. In large bowl, beat together milk and eggs. Pour over cheese. (May be refrigerated overnight at this point).
4. Top with frozen tater tots.
5. Bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes. Some ovens may take more or less time. Cool for 5 to 10 minutes before serving.
In my opinion: Something was missing and there were too many tots!