Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Holiday Crispies from Woman's Day magazine

Clover Crispies picture from Taste of Home



1 bag white chocolate chips *or Wilton Candy Melts
4 tbsp. butter
4 cups Kellogg’s® Rice Krispies®
2 cups M&M’S® Brand Holiday Mix Milk Chocolate or Peanut Chocolate Candies
* I added holiday sprinkles.
1. Place 1 bag (12 oz.) of white chocolate chips and 4 tbsp. butter in a microwave-safe bowl. Heat at medium power for about 1 minute. Do not allow chocolate to burn.

2. Stir until mixture is smooth; combine with 4 cups Kellogg’s® Rice Krispies® and 2 cups M&M’S® Brand Holiday Mix Milk Chocolate or Peanut Chocolate Candies. Add sprinkles if you'd like to.

3. Line a 9 x 13-inch pan with foil, then pour the mixture. Refrigerate until set, about 30 minutes. Cut into 2-inch squares.

In my opinion: I made these for Valentine's Day this year using the Valentine mix M&Ms. The white chocolate wasn't as fluid as I'd like it to have been so I panicked and thought it wasn't going to mix well so I melted some pink Wilton candy melts and smoothed it over the top plus I added sprinkles. They tasted wonderful, but were very hard to cut and did not make perfect squares. Next time I'll try scoring the melts.

No comments: