Friday, January 29, 2010

Crock Pot Chicken and Vegetables with Dumplings



2 1/2-3 lbs boneless, skinless chicken thighs
1 lb small red potatoes
1 md onion coarsely chopped (3/4 c)
2 c baby carrots (I used whole bag)
3 cans 14 oz each chicken broth
2 c Bisquick mix
1/2 c water
2 t parsley flakes

1. Place chicken, potatoes, onion and carrots in 6-quart slow cooker. Add broth.
2. Cover and cook on low heat setting 9 to 10 hours.
3. Increase heat setting to high. Stir together Bisquick mix, water and parsley in medium bowl. Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls onto hot chicken mixture. Cover and cook 45 to 50 minutes or until dumplings are dry in center.

In my opinion: I liked this recipe and my girls did too. My son only eats 5 things so it was no surprise that he wouldn't even try it.

No comments: